Archaeology deals with the study of past human activity, mainly through the recovery and analysis of the materials, their composition and the environmental data which has been left behind by the past human populations.
- These include architecture, artifacts, biofacts and cultural landscapes.
- Archaeology encompasses a wide range of different disciplines.
- It involves study of human evolution in terms of the past culture and history.
- Telangana can be described as Treasure Trove of Archaeology.
A museum is an institution that conserves a collection of unique artifacts and other objects of artistic, cultural, historical, as well as scientific importance. The museums make these rare objects available for public viewing through exhibits.
- There are thirteen prominent museums in the state of Telangana.
- There are two sites museums in the state, namely Alampur and Kolanupaka.
- The district museums are in Warangal, Karimnagar, Nizamabad, Pillalamarri and Panagal.
- Hyderabad city has four museums of great significance.
Telangana region is home to several monuments spread across the ten districts. These were built by the rulers of several prominent dynasties of this region. They represent the cultural zenith of Telangana state.
- There are ancient Buddhist habitations in Khammam district.
- Warangal region is renowned for prominent monuments.
- The legacy of Qutb Shahis is evident in the monuments of Hyderabad.
- The renowned monuments of Telangana are famous all over the world.
Restoration of Shivalayam, Madgula
IAS Probationers Meet Smt. N.R.Visalatchy, Director, Archaeology & Museums
Exhibition of Excavated Materials From Megalithic Burials
Restoration of Qutub Shahi tombs
Reconstruction of the Shiva Temple, Lakshmidevi Pet
Telangana Archaeology Director’s Visit to Mah Laqa Bai Tombs
Reconstruction of Trikutalayam, Jakaram village
Restoration Efforts of Seetharambagh Temple
Restoration of Puranapul Darwaja
Conservation works of Gate Structure, Public Gardens
Qutub Shahi Tombs At World Heritage Sites UNESCO
Plan your visit